Saturday, May 19, 2007

My Bernie Mac Moment

I sat before the TV Wednesday evening, stunned.

“America, it just can’t be.”

I swore I wouldn’t get hooked in but there I was.

“America, what were you thinkin’?

Just in time to see Melinda Doolittle get booted off American Idol.

“America, you blew it.”

Best singer this year.

“Ooo-ooh, baby girl!”

Defeated, she thinks, by her age – 29!

“Whassup wi’ dat?”

– and the age of her supporters, apparently making them too decrepit to dial fast enough!

“I’m hurtin’, I’m hurtin’.”

Forget Simon’s shock.

“America, this cain’t be.”

I turned off the TV –

“America, whatchu thinkin’?

– stared at my reflection on the dark screen,

“America – for shame.”

and couldn’t stop channeling Bernie Mac.

“America – you wrong.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home